This is one of our simple and organic breakfasts. It is fast and the kids can help to prepare it. And most of all, it is yummy!
100% organic whole wheat bread
Organic free range eggs
Stainless steel cookie cutters
Stainless steel or tin pot
Stainless steel tray
1. Parent passes cookie cutters, tray, and loaf of bread to kids. They can cut as many shapes as they like. Smaller kids may eat cut shapes or the scrap bread but don’t fret, at least the smaller ones are entertained while you are cooking.
2. Parent put eggs to hard boil for about 7 minutes.
3. When done, soak eggs in bowl and crack one to check they are hard boiled. If not, return to 2. for another couple of minutes.
4. Peel shells off hard boiled eggs. Older kids can help if interested and smaller kids can play with peeled shells.
5. Add 1-2 teaspoons of mayo. Mash eggs with fork. Older kids might like to do this too.
6. Dish egg mayo onto single piece of cut bread or wedge between 2 slices of a similar shape. Yummy!
(Note: Parent eats the scrap bread which she forms into interesting shapes too!)